Mini-Reviews: Maia Shroomie & Naughty Bits Bone Head Skull Vibrator
Today’s silly sex toy shape themes are detritus and decomposition, featuring:
- Trippy Toys Shroomie by Maia — a mushroom-shaped mini-vibe with a fat 2.2” wide head and flexible stalk, great for off-label insertion
- Naughty Bits’ Bone Head by Cal Exotics — a skull-shaped vibrator with heart-shaped rhinestone eyes and a pointy chin
That last bit is vital — vibrations-wise, the motors are acceptable, as with many “bespoke” sex toys that rely on compact cuteness. And that’s fine for the price, given a few specific uses. Get ready for photos galore.
How Sex Toy Form Follows Function
Maia Trippy Shroomie in Use
For starters, the Trippy Toys Shroomie is super front-loaded and A BIIIIG STREEEETCCH to insert.
- 0.8” across the narrow stalk
- 4.5” total length
- 3 speeds, 12 patterns
- 2.2” diameter across the head
Once it’s in, the sheer size does most of the work while stationary, and the vibrations push me over the edge. The initial clench increases my walls’ pressure through the super soft silicone and against the motor’s hard shell, I cum, there’s more pressure, and repeat, hands-free.
Get the Shroomie because you want an affordable but big insertable that still feels plush to the touch.
Don't get it if you expect the vibrations to do much — they're too dispersed for me externally.
Maia Toys’ Shroomie is broad, meaning it's best reserved as:
- An off-label insertable that’s big but not bawdy-looking (not everyone is into realistically phallic sex toys; some of us just want something colossal but cute and colorful)
- A massage “ball” to sit and grind on, letting my weight and rocking coax the toy’s rolling
I've said it before: if it fits, I sits (on it).
Cal Exotics Naughty Bits Bone Head in Use
Naughty Bits’ Bone Head skull sensations also stay surface-level, with shallow movements that rely on speed for strength. They lack fortitude but focus makes up for that; you have pinpoint concentration at the chin and mandible edges.
As well, the Bone Head’s teeth offer textures to grind your clit on. That’s not my thing, since I rarely use clit vibes under my panties, let alone under my clit hood. Externally, it’s all about the deep pressure rather than the tactile for me.
This vibrator measures 3” long from the cranium to the chin and 2” across. One button controls 3 steady speeds and 7 patterns — the highest intensity isn’t bad, and certainly strong enough for me at the chin’s point.
As always, your mileage may vary. If you want a cute vibrator in a fun shape that’s actually powerful, get a Unihorn instead.
But if you're enamored by sparkly heart-eyes…
Textured Vibrator Care & Cleaning
I’ll keep it brief for these two vibes:
- Don’t make it a habit to get your fluids on the rhinestones; they’re harder to clean than the silicone.
- Don’t pull too hard on the border between the red mushroom cap and white stalk, since it is two pieces glued together rather than one seamless coat
- DO use a soft-bristled toothbrush for cleaning textured sex toys.
- DO use some unscented soap and water.
- DO get in the nooks and crannies.
- DO rinse thoroughly
- The Bone Head and Shroomie are submersible, as long as you heed my warning above!
On the Maia Shroomie & Naughty Bits Bone Head Vibrators
These sex toys capture the playfulness of toys. They’re nothing groundbreaking, they don’t take themselves too seriously, and they don’t need to.
“Bespoke,” budget-friendly, body-safe basics are beautiful for buyers who:
- Need something that’s not too obvious
- Have nosey roommates or live with proddy parents
- Want something compact to travel with
- Jet-set to destinations with anti-obscenity laws against phallic-looking sex toys
- Don’t enjoy the look of realistic insertables
- Just want something adorable that matches their aesthetic!
Arousal is holistic, and “because I like how it looks!” is enough of a reason to get these vibrators.
If you need something more substantial on the inside, too, shop Unihorns. They’re just as cute, their motors are stronger, and there is a "goth" version that could be besties with the Naughty Bits Bone Head and Maia Shroomie.
Other silly-shaped sex toys to check out
- 11 VIOLENTLY PATRIOTIC America-Themed Sex & Kink Toys
- 13+ Unique Sex Toys for the Collector Who Has Everything
- Selfdelve Veggie Dildo Reviews: Eggplant, Curved Cucumber, Fly Agaric Mushroom, and Pepper
- Top 6 La Boutique Voila sex toys, ranked!
- Pink Punch Sunset Mushroom review: remote control egg vibrator
- Rose Sex Toy Guide: Air Pulses, Colors, Variants, Plugs, and More!
- Review: Biting Lips & Vibrating Tongue Oral Sex Simulator From Bestvibe
PLEASURE PRINCESS. COMPACT, HIGH-CAPACITY HUMAN. CERVIX SORCERESS.
I've tested over 350 sex toys and love diving deep for cervical orgasms, A‑spot stimulation, and kinky odysseys into the subconscious.
Mesmerizing mindfucking or physical fisting? Blowing men or minds? Opening books or legs? Why not all of the above?
Can't get enough? Subscribe to new posts via email.