Pixies Exciter & Pretty Little Wands Review: beginner G-spot and A-spot vibrators!
Cottagecore + bimbofication = cottagewhore vibes for your fantasy woodland wench.
If the rose sex toy is any indication, cuteness and affordability go a long way for beginner buyers. The cottagewhore mushroom vibrator would have fit right in on TikTok — if only I weren't banned there. Sigh.
Nevertheless, the Pixies Exciter, Pretty Little Wands Curvy, and Bubbly all make excellent early exploration toys for a handful of reasons:
- They're on the dainty side — between one and two fingers wide — and discreet. Nothing too intimidating here!
- TEN STEADY SPEEEEEEDS! Cal Exotics GOT THE MEMO that we don't fucking want Morse code patterns; we just want a range of speed settings and easy controls.
- Double-ended for different penetration sensations in one toy. Plus, the Curvy and Bubbly feature posable shafts to adjust the angling. A‑spot, G‑spot, and clitoral stimulation are all within reach.
- Waterproof for bathtub and shower play.
- Decent strength for the price — each of these vibes is under $50
Let's take a closer look at these fabled fairy batons. Two yield intense incantations, and one is more fitting for first-time fascinations.
- I. Pixies Exciter review: a rechargeable mushroom vibrator
- II. Pretty Little Wands Curvy and Bubbly review
Pixies Exciter review: a rechargeable mushroom vibrator
The Pixies Exciter mushroom vibrator's frame is fitting for those who:
- Are just exploring penetration
- Love tip drilling
- Want something dainty to DP with another dildo or dick
Note that I'm spotlighting shallow insertion here.
How the Pixies Exciter feels in use
The buzzy vibrations verrry quickly make me cum via my internal clitoris, especially when I pull on it to rub the mushroom cap's “coronal ridge” along my front wall near the entrance.
Clenching around it intensifies the pressure, which makes me cum harder and clench more, and you know the rest. The Pixies Exciter gets the job done discreetly when inside me. (And thank goodness! Sometimes, I need penetration to cum nowadays.)
My internal clitoris is pleased.
This mushroom vibrator is decidedly more stimulating on the “out” stroke than “in." Due to the flexible neck, I wouldn't exactly call it G‑spotty — at least, not without some effort in aiming.
Also, my (external) clitoral glans is more finicky, and I wouldn't reach for this vibrator for external use. There's just so much silicone dampening the otherwise-okay vibrations.
This semi-phallic massager's other, slimmer end is a gently swelling, rounded stalk. It's a basic, unintimidating introduction to penetration. Double up if you dare. (If you're like me, you'll take it as a challenge to DP.)
Pixies Exciter measurements
Here's how this mushroom vibrator measures:
- 4.3” total length
- 1.3” maximum diameter (mushroom “cap”)
- 0.5” minimum diameter just below that
- 1.1” maximum diameter (mushroom “stalk”)
- Firm but flexible silicone with a silky finish
- One button clicks through 10 speeds
- 90 minutes of charging time
- 110 minutes on low speed and 55 on high
My verdict on the Pixies Exciter
It's a flexible and mostly frill-free first vibrating dildo. Take it if you like shallow penetration and tip drilling. Leave it if you don't. Sometimes, I need a little something-something against my internal clitoral crura while rubbing the outside. Nothing more and nothing less.
The Pixies Exciter Mushroom vibrator works well for that, making me insta-cum while being cute and compact. (Those adjectives were for the massager, though they could fit me, too.)
See also: the Pink Punch Sunset Mushroom is a Bluetooth remote control "love egg" vibrator. It's shaped like a mushroom, a little smaller, and buzzier but firmer. Check out my full Pink Punch Sunset Mushroom review.
Pretty Little Wands Curvy and Bubbly review
slender S‑curved vibrators by Cal Exotics
I love a classic S‑curve for aiming at all my internal hot spots:
- Going deep and rocking against my cervix
- Exploring the A‑spot (anterior fornix erogenous zone)
- Applying pinpoint pressure against my G‑spot
- Massaging the pelvic floor muscles to release tension
…and the Pretty Little Wands Curvy and Bubbly do all of that, with the option of intense vibrations.
These double-ended massagers give you a range of ways to play.
Curvy strengths & specs
As the name suggests, the Pretty Little Wands Curvy is a voluptuous vibrator with va-va-voom. There's a strong swoop from the head to the slender neck.
Its bulbous bulge grips against the G‑spot, effortlessly hooking on it and pulling against it, and the strong-ish vibrations rock your clitoris from the inside. Think of it as a dainty, vibrating njoy Fun Wand “lite” version.
Here's how the Pretty Little Wands Curvy measures:
- 7” total length
- 1.3” bigger head diameter
- Only this end vibrates
- 0.9” shaft diameter under the bigger bulb
- 0.9” smaller head diameter
- 0.6” shaft diameter under the smaller bulb
- 0.7” mid-shaft
Bubbly's strengths & specs
Meanwhile, the Pretty Little Wands Bubbly's slim and svelte silhouette is more for reaching into the expanses of the A‑spot and posterior fornix. Maybe you haven't thought, “Man, I wish I had an 8‑inch-long finger to feel myself on the inside,” but I have, and I love depth play.
With a thin, S‑curved vibrator, you can spelunk while pinpointing where the pockets around your cervix are the most receptive to pleasure. Explore this underrated erogenous zone and maybe answer some questions about the meaning of love.
Here's how the Pretty Little Wands Bubbly measures:
- 8” long
- 0.7” diameter on the thin end and shaft
- 1.0” maximum diameter at the bulbs
- Only this end vibrates
California Exotics vibration quality
As is par for California Exotics vibrators, the Curvy and Bubbly aren't the bassy kind of rumbly, but they carry their own charm:
- They're medium-high in pitch with moderate amplitude — “zingy.”
- They have some “bite” to them.
- There's sufficient strength to splash when dipped in water
- The focus and concentration of power can make me squirt
In other words? I have a soft spot in my heart for some of Cal Exotics’ rechargeable bullet-sized vibrators.
The Pretty Little Wands Curvy and Bubbly have the same motor and only a little silicone over the hard shell; their vibrations shine bright through the material.
Pretty Little Wands vibrator flexibility
Both are firm at the ends, with a partly posable shaft in the middle:
- Bubbly's wire core segment starts right after the beads and ends near the midpoint
- Curvy's is between the larger bulbed end and the two bumps at the middle
Unfortunately, the posable portion isn't as sturdy as I'd like; my vagina tends to straighten it a little in use. These shafts will retain some curvature but are not as firm as the Je Joue G‑Kii or Fun Factory Limba Flex.
My verdict on the Curvy and Bubbly
Still, the Pretty Little Wands Curvy is hella G‑spotty, and the Bubbly is A‑spotty despite the slight malleability. They're literally not hardcore, but still moderately intense.
The Curvy's contours tesselate well against my front wall's dip, and the Bubbly reaches deep inside me. Both shake my clitoris with enough bravado to get the sheets wet.
I appreciate that you're doing some reviews of stuff on the cheaper end of the spectrum (nowadays I am an njoy and Magic Wand enjoyer and try to avoid brands like Calexotics but when I looked back at my first sex toy purchase a few years ago I wouldn't buy buy anything above $30 on sale…) I'd noticed these on SheVibes site for the long but thin/firm shapes that appeal to me, but knowing only the thick ends vibrate I think I'll pass.
Yup, totally valid. It's been trendy lately to have just one end be bendable and the other vibrate and 🤷🏻♀️ tbh I don't think it will last long
is that pixie exciter as DP toy meant like double vaginal? any recommendations for that? thanks!
Just in general with any slim-to-moderate girth dil. I do have a review sampler of DP dils too, though. <3