Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy comparison
Controlling a partner's orgasms by fucking them from afar isn't just a thing of the future. That teledildonic technology is available now — in the form of self-thrusting dildos with long-distance Bluetooth app controls.
The Lovense Gravity remote control self-thrusting dildo has much mass appeal:
- Up to 140 thrusts per minute
- A moderate 1.5” long stroke length
- A strooooooong suction cup
- A very average 5” of insertable length
- Remote control apps for couples and cam shows
Do you know the Lush bullet that vibrates faster for a cam model the more viewers tip? Yeah, you can do the same with the Lovense Gravity thruster. Plus, pre-record patterns to sync to porn or connect it to your favorite music app.
For most of us, the Lovense Remote app offers bells and whistles galore — especially for the price. If you want it, you want it. This compact fucking machine does it all for casual players.
However, hardcore hedonists have already raised an eyebrow.
- I. Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy Mini
- II. Who is the Lovense Gravity for?
- III. Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy TX comparison table
- IV. Where to get 20% off a Lovense Gravity
Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy Mini
Lovense's Gravity thrust length is only 1.5”, while the Velvet Thruster Teddy TX's is 2.5”. And therein lies the tradeoff.
You don't get full frills with the Velvet Thruster Teddy's 6 steady speeds and 3 buttons, but you get a more robust motor. The target audiences for these compact fucking machines ultimately only have a little overlap.
That said, I'm putting the Gravity and Teddy TX head-to-head because they're similar in shape, size, and price. Both are great for users who want something that's the middle of the road and not too hardcore. Let's dive deeper into the Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy comparison.
On paper, the Lovense Gravity boasts 140 beats per minute, while the Velvet Thruster Teddy fucks at 125 BPM. In practice, it only takes a little effort to stall the Gravity thruster.
Its bottom two speeds can stop moving entirely at times. The saving grace is that the Gravity's top setting can keep going in just about any position I've tried vaginally. It slows to 50 strokes per minute, but it'll keep going. Considering the price and features packed in, I'm impressed. And there's plenty to love about the scenic ride.
(Unsure how fast 140 or 125 or 80 thrusts per minute is? Type the number in this digital metronome.)
Velvet Thruster's Teddy is somewhat resistant to pressure; it also slows down, just not quite as much. The highest intensity is 125 thrusts per minute when it's smooth sailing, but it drops to 80 when going against a wall or ceiling. Nevertheless, it'll bottom me out and keep going and going and going.
That makes sense when considering that the Lovense Gravity has less juice, at 7.4V, compared to the Teddy TX's 12V. The Teddy TX excels at one objective: fuck.
Meanwhile, the Lovense Gravity has to make room for all the doodads: a vibrating motor, a thrusting one, and all the hardware it takes to make the Bluetooth remote control app possible. It does a good job at all the things, rather than specializing in one.
The Lovense Gravity's 1.5” thrust length still feels good but doesn't pound with the same bravado. As always, though, arousal is holistic; letting a partner control the Gravity while video chatting or dirty talking might be the thing that does it for you.
The dildo attachment
Another thing that makes the Velvet Thruster Teddy TX relatively intense is the insertable portion itself. It's veiny AF with its textures and girthier, measuring 1.55” across the head, while the Lovense Gravity is about 1.45” in diameter and has minimal ridges. That's about the average penis size, though, and plenty to satisfy most users.
Also worth considering is that the Lovense Gravity is firmer since the tip's vibrating motor is encased in a hard shell and coated with a thin silicone layer. In contrast, Velvet Thrusters’ insertable segments are all silicone at the top 3” or so.
Both have 5” of insertable length, though. If you want more, try a different thruster.
Compact thrusters with more insertable length
- 6” insertable and 1.5” wide
- 2.5” stroke length
- Pop on your own Vac-U-Lock dildo
- 1.5" stroke length
- Attachments range from 6.5" to 8” long
- 3.5” stroke length
- Way more power
I'm partial to the 7.25” long Nanci, but that's because I designed it. 😛
Who is the Lovense Gravity for?
The Lovense Gravity isn't quite for me, but I can think of a few different demographics that would especially appreciate it:
- Anyone who likes the versatility and is okay with trading intensity for that
- Couples that spend time apart, whether due to travel or living long-distance
- For people with disabilities (or who want convenience) — the app makes control way easier, without having to reach down every time you wish to adjust the speed setting
- Cam models (of course!!) can use the Lovense Connect app to incentivize more significant tips for a more interactive viewer experience
- Customization geeks who want to record thrusting patterns to sync with, say, the thrusting speed in their favorite porn clip
- People who reaaaaaally fucking love music and want to get fucked to the beat of songs they enjoy
Overall, both the Lovense Gravity and Velvet Thruster Teddy TX are great self-thrusting dildos, but only you know your must-haves and dealbreakers. Gravity by Lovense is game-changing for couples' play.
Lovense Bluetooth apps are compatible with the following:
- iPhone/iPad Air/iPad Mini/iPod Touch iOS 11 and later
- Android 5.0 and later (with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled)
- Mac (with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled)
- Windows PC (needs a Lovense USB Bluetooth adapter to connect)
Lovense Gravity vs. Velvet Thruster Teddy TX comparison table
|Lovense Gravity||Velvet Thruster Teddy TX|
|Speed Settings||3 steady speeds|
4 patterns via buttons
|6 steady speeds|
|Strokes Per Minute|
(max, no pressure)
|Strokes Per Minute|
Where to get 20% off a Lovense Gravity
You can now get the Lovense Gravity via the Velvet Thruster website. Take 20% off when you use my Velvet Thruster discount code, SUPER20
Long story short: Velvet Co. has a patent on The Thruster's screw design, and Lovense emulated it without the patent holder's permission. The legal battle is ongoing as of April 2023, but for now, the companies are working toward an agreement with Velvet Brands now the distributor of the Lovense Gravity in the United States.
This post is sponsored. The writing and views expressed here are my own.